Proposed program of Sungava College in bachelor level are:
Current Bachelor program:
The BBS programme of Tribhuvan University specially attempts to:
1. Equip the students with the required conceptual knowledge of business and administration to develop a general management perspective in them.
2. Develop required attitudes, abilities and practical skill in students, which constitute a foundation for their growth into competent and responsible business managers.
3. Encourage entrepreneurial capabilities in students to make them effective change agents in the Nepalese society.
4. Develop necessary foundation for higher studies in management and thereafter take up careers in teaching, research and consultancy.
Minimum General Requirements
The minimum general requirements for the 4-years BBS programme are as follows:
1. An academic year will consist of a minimum of 150 teaching days excluding the days taken for admission and annual examinations.
2. The total instructional hours in an academic year will be 615 (150 days x 4:10 hours a day). For courses requiring field and practical works, additional hours of study will be required.
3. There will be a minimum of five periods (i.e. class hours) each teaching day. The campuses running morning or evening shifts will also be required to meet this minimum class requirement.
Attendance, Evaluation and Grading System
The final evaluation of students is done through the annual examination conducted by the Office of the Controller of Examinations, Tribhuvan University. However, for qualifying to appear in the annual examinations, students must meet the following requirements:
(a) The student must have a minimum of 70 percent attendance of the classes actually held.
(b) No student will be allowed to appear in the second year final examinations without first appearing in the first year final examinations.
The grading system in the annual examinations is as follows:
Methods of Instruction
The campuses offering the BBS programme should use the methods of instruction which help prepare the student for the realities of Nepalese business, industry and government in which he/she has to
A combination of lectures, group discussions, problem-solving exercises, guest lectures, practical work, and fieldwork will be used as approaches to learning. The campuses are also encouraged to use
the case method of instruction whenever required and wherever possible.
The candidate applying for admission to the BBS programme of Tribhuvan University:
The Faculty of Management recognizes the need for both breadth and depth in the total academic pattern. Therefore, the curriculum for BBS degree comprises four separate and distinct course components:
Curricular Structure of Bachelor of Business Studies-BBS (4 year program)
Administrative Assistants and Secretaries
Administrative Services Managers
Human Resources Assistants
Human Resources Managers